The SX proFRAME product line stands for a modular frame grabber system for capturing, replaying and processing raw video data streams in various applications. The system is used, for example, in the automotive sector for validating ADAS systems or functions for automated driving. SX proFRAME is also used in medical technology, in the field of digital microscopy (3D digital microscopy platform sinaSCOPE) and in industrialization applications such as end-of-line testing.
SX proFRAME supports common transmission technologies such as GMSL2 and 3, FPD-Link III and IV (others on request).
Various camera adapters with the common de/serializers (Maxim, TI) are available for the connection of different camera types. When capturing the raw video data and control signals (I2C), the necessary time stamping of the individual images is done with high precision in the FPGA. Several I2C channels (Side Band Communication or Back Channel Communication) are available for initializing the cameras connected to SX proFRAME or for exchanging control/status information. Via the coaxial line, the cameras can be supplied individually with an adjustable voltage (Power over Coax, PoC).
An SX proFRAME system consists of the following components:
- SX proFRAME Base Board: Plug-in board in various form factors with slots for mounting SX proFRAME camera adapters
- SX proFRAME Camera Adapter: plug-in module in different variants for mounting on the SX proFRAME Base Board
- SW/FW library: FW, SW driver, SW function library as well as integration templates for the use of SX proFRAME in different SW platforms or working environments (ADTF, ROS)
- Optional accessories
The most important SX proFRAME use cases at a glance:
- Acquisition of raw video data and side band communication (I2C).
- Real-time processing of large amounts of data
- Pass through (“tap”) to forward data to the ECU
- ECU emulation (I2C) for initialization and control signals
- Playback of raw video data and Side Band Communication (I2C)
- Playback time-stamp-based or by internal/external triggering
Two generations of SX proFRAME are currently available:
- SX proFRAME 3.0 – for high data rates especially for validation of systems for automated driving
- SX proFRAME 3.0 Base Board with 2 slots for camera adapters SX camAD3, each up to 40 Gbps.
- Each camera adapter with 4 video interfaces each
- Form factor: PCIe x8 Gen3, CPCI-S.0/PXI (H2/2021)
- SX proFRAME 2.0: