We maintain our own company page on the social media platform LinkedIn (the “Fan Page”) so that we can keep our customers, prospective customers and other users informed about our services and what we have been up to. LinkedIn is operated by LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland (hereinafter “LinkedIn”).
§ 1 Controller within the meaning of Article 4 no. 7 GDPR
The controller responsible for processing the data connected with our Fan Page is:
Dieter-Streng-Straße 4, 90766 Fürth
Tel.: +49 (0)911 / 30 91 61 0
Contact information for our data protection officer:
SPH IT + Consulting GmbH & Co. KG
Tel.: +49 (0)911 / 21 77 48 0
Our data protection officer can also be contacted by post. Please address any correspondence to “Data Protection Officer/Datenschutzbeauftragter” at our business address.
In addition, LinkedIn is also responsible under data protection law for processing the data on our Fan Page. You can contact LinkedIn and its data protection officer by post at the address provided above or online by using the following contact form.
§ 2 Processing of personal data by LinkedIn
(2) When you access our Fan Page, your browser establishes a connection with LinkedIn and transfers information. LinkedIn collects the following data in particular:
- Advertising (analysis tools, trackers and personalised advertising)
- Creation and analysis of user profiles
- Market research and marketing analyses
(3) Please note that the data we collect from you when you visit our Fan Page may be processed outside the European Union. We have no influence over this.
(4) LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company is part of the US-based corporation, LinkedIn, Inc. As a US company, it is subject to the US CLOUD Act, which allows US government agencies access to the data stored by LinkedIn. We have no control over this.
§ 3 The data we process:
(1) You are not required to provide us with your personal data when you visit our Fan Page. We process only that personal data which you opt to disclose (e.g., your real name in your user profile) and data which is directly linked to activity on our Fan Page (e.g., comments, posts, likes, tags).
(2) We process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing information and communicating effectively and our interest in optimising our marketing activities (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR). If LinkedIn asks you to consent to the processing of your personal data, i.e., by ticking a checkbox or by clicking on a button to confirm that you consent to data processing, the legal basis for processing your data is Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7 GDPR.
§ 4 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis LinkedIn as well as us:
- Right of access (Article 15 GDPR)
- Right to rectification and erasure (Articles 16 and 17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR)
- Right to object to processing (Article 21 GDPR)
- Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
- Right to withdraw your consent (Article 7(3) GDPR).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
(2) Please note that the most effective way to request information and assert your rights as a user is to address such concerns directly to LinkedIn. Only LinkedIn has access to user data and is able to take action and provide information directly. However, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require assistance.
§ 5 Concluding remarks
To operate our business, we must collect and process data. Whenever data are collected and processed, data protection and data security must be ensured. The foregoing is not only required by law; it is one of our core principles.
Please do not hesitate to contact us using the details provided above (§ 1) if you have any questions or comments on data protection in connection with our services.